Today, the 5th of July 2008, is a historic day, not just for Gulbarga and Hyderabad Karnataka but for the entire state of Karnataka. Justice has finally arrived at the doorstep in Hyderabad Karnataka. The High Court of Karnataka opens its Circuit Bench at Gulbarga today.
The details are given below. (as appeared in Deccan Herald dated 5th July 2008)
Vishal Kumar N Jain.
- Clients are now greatly relieved of the burden of travelling to far off Bangalore - the principal seat of the High Court.
- Speedy disposal of cases.
- Easy for clients to track the progress of the case at every stage.
- Better employment opportunities for Advocates in Hyderabad Karnataka region.
- The Bench is a symbol of victory to over 50 years of struggle of the people in this area.
Salient Features of the Circuit Bench:
- A magnificent building with attractive architecture built at a total cost of Rs. 101.5 Crores in a sprawling plot of 58.1 acres.
- Jurisdictional area of the bench: Gulbarga, Bijapur, Bidar and Raichur.
- The Bench settles all cases except Public Interest Litigations (PIL) and Company Matters.
- 11,000 cases pertaining to this area transferred already to the Bench from the High Court at Bangalore.
- Inauguration on Saturday, 5th July 2008 at 10.45am.
- Inauguration by Honourable Dr. Justice K. G. Balakrishnan, Chief Justice of India
- Chief Guest - Sri B. S. Yeddyurappa, Honourable Chief Minister of Karnataka
- Chief Guest - Honourable Sri Justice R. V. Raveendran, Judge, Supreme Court of India
- Presided by - Honourable Sri Justice Cyriac Joseph, Chief Justice, High Court of Karnataka